Have you ever wondered why CBD oil has never been produced commercially before? (besides the fact hemp was illegal!) But even before the Marijuana Prohibition, people historically smoked their cannabis. You do not hear of much in the way of distilling the oil like you do other botanicals.
If you want to make your own CBD oil, how do you do it? Well, I’ve written about 3 ways below, but you won’t be getting “CBD oil” separated out as you do from a commercial seller. There is no separation of phytocannibinoilds or terpenes, nor will these processes separate out THC, but you will get a very delightful and versatile oil.
You can cook the oil down in your kitchen using a crockpot or double boiler, but it is time intensive and messy.
Or you might want to try the Magical Butter MB2E Botanical Extractor Machine the next time you make a batch of your favorite oil or butter.
The companies that process CBD and hemp oil for a huge profit can afford to buy the expensive machinery necessary to sterilely extract the oil for human consumption. You would not want this any other way. You want to know the oil you buy is coming from a 100% quality controlled environment.
But with hemp now legal in all 50 states, and any day now marijuana will also be legal, what do you do if you want to make your own oil? Obviously, you do not want a huge extracting machine for your personal use!
WHY YOU DO NOT WANT TO BUY A COMMERCIAL-GRADE C02 EXTRACTOR
The main reason people do not just go out and buy a CO2 extractor for private use is you would have to invest upwards to $150,000, and beyond, for just the machine, not counting the necessary extras. This is not something the ordinary citizen can afford. Another reason is the complicated process of making quality CBD oil.
Understanding the technical terms of getting the oil out of the plant.
- Decarboxylation. This complicated-sounding word refers to the process of releasing the resins in the plant and making them available to your body. This can only be done with heat. That is why you smoke marijuana. The heat releases the TCH into your system. Have you ever eaten MJ brownies and not gotten high? Chances are you did not heat the weed first. The same is true for hemp. The only way the properties are released is to heat them.
- CO2 extraction. This is where the big, expensive machine comes into play. Through a process of pressure and temperature change, the oil is slowly extracted out of the plant.
- Ethanol extraction. In this step of the extraction method, alcohol, ethanol or butane are used to leach out the oils. Only buy from companies that use food-grade denatured alcohol.
- Chromatography. After the oil is extracted, it goes through another process that further removes unwanted plant phytochemicals from the oil. Here is where the CBDs and terpenes are divided from the other plant material.
If you want a top-quality oil, try Joy Organics. They do not use alcohol in their tinctures.
What other means are available to extract CBD and TCH?
DIFFUSING CANNABIS INTO A USABLE FORM
It turns out to be a messy (and smelly) process.
HOW TO EXTRACT CBD OIL AT HOME
Step #1. Decarboxylation.
- Preheat your oven using heat between 200 and 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Break up or grind up the plant into uniform sizes. Be careful you do not turn it into powder.
- Place the plant on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for 30 minutes and then check.
- When dried to your liking, proceed with one of the following the extraction methods.
Do not overcook, or you have nothing but a dried plant with all the healing properties cooked out.
Water bath with olive oil or coconut oil using a slow cooker or double boiler.
- Place the decarboxylated plant and the oil into the slow cooker or double boiler.
- Add a little water to the mix.
- Cook with the slow cooker for 4 to 6 hours or double boiler on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Strain the oil through a cheesecloth but do not squeeze too hard or you will put plant residue in your oil.
- Pour into a bottle. If kept in the refrigerator, the oil will last for 3 to 6 months.
You can use this same method with a saucepan for 3 hours. This is not the best way, because the temperature will not stay even and it is easy to scorch the plant.
Is there a machine that will fit on your kitchen counter that will easily extract the CBD oil from the plant? You would think, with the high technology today that someone would come up with a machine that does the same job and is affordable. Well, someone did.
A BETTER WAY TO MAKE BUTTER BETTER. THE MAGICAL BUTTER MACHINE!
This great machine takes the mess and fuss out of oil extraction. Use the same ingredients as above; olive oil or coconut oil as the carrier, or add butter instead of oil to make a botanical butter.
Decarbolyze your botanical, put it all together and start the machine. The machine “grinds, heats, stirs and seeps.” Simply put in your ingredients, push the button and let it do the work.
You can make Brownies, Cookies, Smoothies, Sauces, Soups, Vegetables, Candies, Seafood, Marinades, Meats, Beverages, Lotions, and Salves, according to Magical Butter’s ad on Amazon. A cookbook comes with the kit. At MagicalButter.com you will find a full list of recipes and herbs you can try in your new machine!
Magical Butter Oil
- 1/2 oz botanical
- 2 cups organic, refined coconut oil
- 2 tsp sunflower lecithin
- Decarb the flower in the oven at 225 degrees F for 30 minutes
- Add a little water to the oil
- Heat the oil and stir in the lecithin until fully mixed
- Put oil and flower into the machine
- Set the machine on 2 (160 degrees) and cook for 2 hours
- Let cool, strain and keep refrigerated
Enjoy the benefits of your Magical Butter Oil
- You can use this oil for cooking,
- Stir a spoonful into a hot cup of tea, and enjoy the benefits of your Magical Butter Oil.
- Make topical lotions and salves.
- Make skin care products.
- Make herbal tinctures using alcohol.
- No worry about fires.
- No worry about smells.
- Consistent results.
- Eliminates the guesswork.
Watch this video to learn how to make Magical Butter.
IF YOU HAVE WANTED TO MAKE YOUR OWN CBD OIL OR THC-INFUSED BUTTER, NOW YOU KNOW HOW.
You can struggle with the old time version of crockpots and double boilers, and worry about whether this batch will come out alright. Using these methods, you get low yield and inconsistent dosing. Plus this is a good way to stink up your house or apartment!
Why not give Magical Butter MB2E Botanical Extractor Machine a try the next batch you make?
This is a very diverse machine. Not only can you cook your cannabis, but you can also use other botanicals, as well. Get creative and mix your herbs.
If you make your personal care products, massage oils and face creams, the possibilities for this magical machine are endless.
Try out the Magical Butter Machine HERE!